Child Safe School
John Monash Science School is a Child Safe School. We have a zero tolerance stance on child abuse and are committed to the protection of all children from all forms of abuse. We are clear about our behavioural expectations of every person in our community.
We offer a wide range of support for all students.
Students have access to a wide support network including mentors, Educational Psychologist, School Counsellor, Careers Counsellor, Learning Support and other members of a Wellbeing Team led by our Assistant Principal. All teams work to develop positive relationships with the students and their families, and monitor and support student wellbeing, both in and out of the classroom.
A successful and enjoyable transition to school will allow your child to jump into John Monash with confidence. Our extensive transition program allows your child to become familiar with the school from early in the year and provides a range of experiences so you and your child are ready for their first days as a John Monash Science School student.
All students in Year 10 will have access to a range of opportunities to enhance their own academic, social and emotional development. This includes:
- Development of personalised learning plans with House Mentors in ‘Learn To’ subject;
- Careers and Pathways;
- Student Leadership Program – Student Parliament and Interact club;
- Co-curricular programs which include more than 25 activities such as Languages Other Than English (LOTE), Sport, Music, Art and Dance;
- Work Experience opportunities in a science-related industry or organisation;
- Extracurricular activities such as debating competitions, International Student Science Fairs and Supercomputing conventions.